Saturday, April 17, 2010

Bismillah Ar-Rahman Ar-Rahim!

Assalaam-u-Alaikum,
As a housewife, food is such a big part of my life. Always on the hunt to make unique and yummy dishes, I'm trying different recipes. However, having 'a better half' who eats anything edible without complaints (and sometimes compliments), I'm just not motivated to go the extra mile, sometimes. He also has an insatiable palate for anything sweet, especially chocolates. I think by starting this blog, I'll be more inclined to go the extra mile and try to get S. to appreciate something other than sugar! I've asked Umm Humza, a dear friend and mentor, to contribute to this blog, as well. Much of what I know is all thanks to her, she's shared many great recipes and given many great tips over the years. May Allah bless her always (Ameen).

This will also be a way to have a record of all the recipes ( I always tell myself that I'm going to do this, but I never get around to it) . So the next time someone asks us for some recipe, we won't just give the approximates, we'll tell them to check it out on the blog *grin*!

A Canadian Muslimah, I'm living in Yanbu, Saudi Arabia with my husband and baby, Ibraheem. It's not always easy to find all the right ingredients or the tools needed for the recipes here. Umm Humza is a mother of four living in Canada. She's a seasoned cook and loves to try out new recipes. By adding her own twist to any recipe, she always takes the taste buds for a joy ride!  For me, the kitchen is a place of experiment, you never know what great discovery you'll make. I invite you to share the aromas of our kitchens and indulge in our love of cooking.

Love, Umm Ibraheem

No comments:

Post a Comment