Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A Cook's Block...??

Assalaam-u-Alaikum,

Yes, yes..it's been a while..again. But if there can be a 'writer's block' then why not a 'cook's block'. At least I think that's what I'm experiencing. I just don't feel the passion when I'm cooking anymore. I don't know what happened. Every time I look at some totally cool and amazingly scrumptious recipe...I just can't muster the desire or drive to actually prepare it. And I just don't know why?

Perhaps I've finally figured out that my hubby is different..and I've already reached destination 'heart' and don't have to inch my way through his stomach. He's not a foodie. I was fooling myself and thinking that perhaps he is. I would try a new dish, in the hopes that this would be the one that will get a standing ovation...or atleast a "wow, this is really good!"...perhaps even a little nod of appreciation...but nothing. And so..I cook because I have to...not because I'm going to wow my beloved. And when cooking is just a chore, then you perform in a routinely manner...no thought, no creativity necessary. I'm in a cook's slump!

Oh! Also, my camera is broken..so anything I do make, even if it's plain on ol' mixed veg, can't be photographed.  I don't like to post without a picture. So I'm going to be in this state of block for a while yet. At least until I get a new camera. And then dear reader, I will cook and post! Because, so what if he's not a foodie, he still has to eat! And if I'm gonna make it...I'm gonna blog it (eventually), Insha'Allah!

Umm I.


No comments:

Post a Comment